SUPPORT THE BURMA STAR MEMORIAL FUND
The Burma Star Memorial Fund is a registered charity and relies on donations from our supporters. Your donation will help ensure that the legacy of those who served in the Burma Campaign of the Second World War is continued. If you would like to donate specifically to the scholarship appeal please let us know.
The Philanthropic Opportunity
- We are looking for funding at all levels for 13 scholarships. Thanks to a generous legacy, we already have the funding for our first scholar
- Co-branding of the Burma Star scholarships is available to our partners
How to Donate
Make an online donation
If you would like to make a make a donation online, please click the button:
Donate by cheque
Cheques should be made payable to The Burma Star Memorial Fund and sent to:
The Burma Star Memorial Fund,
10A High Street,
How to leave the Burma Star Memorial Fund a legacy
You may want to consider leaving a legacy to the Burma Star Memorial Fund in your will.
- Visit a legal adviser to draw up or update your Will. If you don’t have one, you can find one through the Law Society or STEP websites (www.lawsociety.org.uk and www.step.org). The Law Society phone number is 0207 242 1222
- Make sure your Will is stored in a safe place and that someone you trust knows where it is. Your legal adviser will often store it free of charge or you can use your local Probate Registry
- If you do decide to remember the Burma Star Memorial Fund in your Will, thank you. We very much appreciate your generosity in helping to fulfil our ambition of creating a network of scholars whose learning and achievements will keep the spirit of the Burma Campaign alive
- If you are interested in leaving a legacy and need help, please contact us on 0207 823 4273 or by email at
If you’re a UK taxpayer, your donations could be worth 25% extra to The Burma Star Memorial Fund at no cost to you. The Government’s Gift Aid scheme means that if you fill out a simple Gift Aid form, the Memorial Fund can claim 25p extra for every £1 you donate. For example, if you give £10 using Gift Aid, the gift is worth £12.50.
To qualify for Gift Aid you must have paid enough UK tax in the tax year that you make your donation (6 April one year to 5 April the next) to cover the amount which we will reclaim. You don’t necessarily have to be working to be paying tax. You still qualify for Gift Aid if you pay Capital Gains Tax, have taxable investment or rental income, taxable pension plans or taxable savings.
The Memorial Fund can claim Gift Aid on donations from UK individuals, sole traders or partnerships (whether made in cash, by cheque, direct debit, credit or debit card, postal order or standing order). Unfortunately we can’t claim Gift Aid on company donations or individual donations using CAF.
To Gift Aid your donation:
- tick the Gift Aid box during the online donation process (if you are donating online)
- complete the Gift Aid form and send it back to us