Research Tools

The only records held by the Burma Star Memorial Fund are the application membership forms to join the Burma Star Association. To find this click here. It is important to note that not all Burma Star Veterans applied to join the Association.

The best way to find out about an indiviudal's military career is at the UK Government website. Click here

After that it may be worth worth asking for information at the individual's Regimental Association.

Social media is another avenue to explore. You can join and post on the WW2 Burma Research Group on Facebook which is also home to Far East Prisoners of War Family. The Medal of KAR Facebook group are a historical research group dedicated to all those who served in the Northern Rhodesia Regiment, Kings Africa Rifles, Royal West African Frontier Force and Rhodesian African Rifles.

The charity Children & Families of Far East Prisoners of War also has a website

The Commonwealth War Graves Commission have a search tool for finding records of those killed during WW1 and WW2.

For Indian service records contact the Adjutant General's Office, Indian Headquarters of the Ministry of Defense (Army), Room No. 280, South Block, New Delhi 110011. Email address The files in Delhi are filed by the service record numbers, so it is necessary to have this information.

Applying for, or replacing, a medal: You can only get a replacement medal from the Ministry of Defence (MOD) if it was stolen or destroyed, for example in a fire or flood. You’ll need to show proof by providing a copy of either a police crime report orsuccessful insurance claim listing the individual items.

Although the Royal Artillery Association does not hold personal records of service personnel it has a tracing relatives page on its website. The Royal Artillery Museum may have a ‘tracer card’.